Style
I've had my laptop for one year, eight months and two and a half days now. I've been using it almost every day, for at least one and up to fifteen hours each day I used it. That's quite a lot. So far I only had to exchange the power supply. These things are a miracle. First of all there is a different model with a different plugin type for almost all types of laptops (Macs are an exception of course). Naturally no one had the kind of power supply I needed, so I had to work on an half empty battery until the new one arrived. It was quite expensive, but it saved me an even more expensive repair. I told the support that the power supply made a noise I had not heard before but they insisted on their telephone diagnosis: broken main board. However, they couldn't explain why the laptop still worked on battery power. It's been around five months since I got the new power supply and everything has been working fine. Certainly wasn't the main board. Never trust the support when your guarantee is up.
Yet I thought about getting a new model after that incident. I wanted something new and high tech. I love tech stuff. I fell in love with the Toshiba Qosimo series. But I cannot afford the model I want, at least not at the moment. So I decided to "pimp up" the device I have. I upgraded the RAM and that was a very good decision. I got all kinds of cool software and added new desktop and icon styles. All simple and cool. But what remained was the physical part, the plastic, dirty and with traces of where I put my hands when typing. I tried to sand it down, but that looked even worse. I didn't dare to take apart the whole machine. I would love to varnish the plastic parts. I have seen laptops of people who did that and the result was most impressive. But I would have to practice the technique first. And I'm not positive that I would not break something. It's not worth the risk. Plus I cannot do without my laptop for more than a day. Meanwhile I found a solution: aluminum sealing tape. It doesn't look perfect but it's got style. Style is important. But not as important as character. I might add a photo of my HP compaq nx7000 one day or the other. I am very proud of it! :)
Yet I thought about getting a new model after that incident. I wanted something new and high tech. I love tech stuff. I fell in love with the Toshiba Qosimo series. But I cannot afford the model I want, at least not at the moment. So I decided to "pimp up" the device I have. I upgraded the RAM and that was a very good decision. I got all kinds of cool software and added new desktop and icon styles. All simple and cool. But what remained was the physical part, the plastic, dirty and with traces of where I put my hands when typing. I tried to sand it down, but that looked even worse. I didn't dare to take apart the whole machine. I would love to varnish the plastic parts. I have seen laptops of people who did that and the result was most impressive. But I would have to practice the technique first. And I'm not positive that I would not break something. It's not worth the risk. Plus I cannot do without my laptop for more than a day. Meanwhile I found a solution: aluminum sealing tape. It doesn't look perfect but it's got style. Style is important. But not as important as character. I might add a photo of my HP compaq nx7000 one day or the other. I am very proud of it! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home