Stereophonics Live
The other day I found myself in first row directly infront of Kelly and lost in memories. The crowd behind me was going wild. The show was a blast. It was also a blast from the past. I had to think of previous times I had seen them live. I remembered how I travelled to the venue and back, the people I watched, met and spoke to, the support acts, the way I got all nervous before the very first concert because I had to pick up my ticket at the box office and it just wouldn't open (I ended up in second row infront of Richard), how I had to leave this first concert early to catch the last train, the states of life I was in, all the little things that happened before and during the different shows and so much more. For a moment I was very melancholic.
Meanwhile Kelly was singing "(...) It's never too late, To change lanes, How's your life? How's your place? Was it where you wanted your head to lay? But wait, you can breathe, You can see what I can see, Don't waste your time, You can't make back, If you could rewind your time, Would you change your life? (...) Cause change is okay, What's the point in staying the same? Regrets, forget what's dead and gone (...)"
Another thought crossed my mind. It was a weird one. Kelly seemed so familiar. It was only the 5th time I was seeing them live and I thought that this is kinda like the start of a relationship. You know, like when you go out with a guy for more than two or three times. And NO, I don't dig Kelly! Honestly! Anyway, so there I was, my life had changed since the last time, living in a new city, working at a different place, again face to face with Kelly, wondering what he has been through, what they have been through since I last saw them play in March 2004.
It's funny how you see certain people again throughout your life. And others just disappear. It's tough not to dwell on the past and to forget what's "dead and gone". I don't want to miss my memories, none of them! I don't want to forget, I just don't want to go through certain things again! Life is good and as long as I'm going to see Kelly again it will be better. ;) Just kidding. Anyway, life has a way of dragging you along. And I'm actually still at work, waiting for something to finish and avoiding phone calls from a certain guy.
Song: Elton John - I Believe in Love (among others)
Meanwhile Kelly was singing "(...) It's never too late, To change lanes, How's your life? How's your place? Was it where you wanted your head to lay? But wait, you can breathe, You can see what I can see, Don't waste your time, You can't make back, If you could rewind your time, Would you change your life? (...) Cause change is okay, What's the point in staying the same? Regrets, forget what's dead and gone (...)"
Another thought crossed my mind. It was a weird one. Kelly seemed so familiar. It was only the 5th time I was seeing them live and I thought that this is kinda like the start of a relationship. You know, like when you go out with a guy for more than two or three times. And NO, I don't dig Kelly! Honestly! Anyway, so there I was, my life had changed since the last time, living in a new city, working at a different place, again face to face with Kelly, wondering what he has been through, what they have been through since I last saw them play in March 2004.
It's funny how you see certain people again throughout your life. And others just disappear. It's tough not to dwell on the past and to forget what's "dead and gone". I don't want to miss my memories, none of them! I don't want to forget, I just don't want to go through certain things again! Life is good and as long as I'm going to see Kelly again it will be better. ;) Just kidding. Anyway, life has a way of dragging you along. And I'm actually still at work, waiting for something to finish and avoiding phone calls from a certain guy.
Song: Elton John - I Believe in Love (among others)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home