smAll leTTers from a mAjor cApital

creAtive opiniOns

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lovers in a Dangerous Time

There is one thing I will never understand. Who on earth started to spread the rumor that men were better able to handle the art of logic than women!? Could this person please stand up and define "logic" to me? My definition must be wrong because my perception is that most guys act anything but logic and on top of that they don't seem to think at all, let go think logic.

Here is the best way to scare away a woman (success 100% guaranteed):
After the first date (!!!) call her every day and if she doesn't answer the first time retry at least four times. Try all available numbers and leave at least one message on each available answering machine. When she contacts you don't have a normal conversation. No, try to ask her whether she is seeing other guys, whether there is someone she is interested in or why else would she never answer the phone or call back immediately. And then react offended and stop talking to her for a while when she doesn't want to talk about "stupid stuff like this".


Honestly, it can get too much to handle. It's scary. And some people do work late and go to bed before midnight! And I don't enjoy private conversations on the phone while the person on the other end is actually working and talking to customers inbetween. How sick is that!?

I know I made mistakes. But I always tried to be reasonable. I hope. Oh man, I guess I made the very same mistakes once.

The other day I was talking to my mom on the phone and she asked me how my dating life was going. I told her of my latest disappointments and what goes wrong in general. She said I should try to be less direct and honest. And that you had to praise men for the things they are bad at!??? Her idea is that when you praise them for something they suck at they will get better and better until they can handle it. Errrr, ok. That's not logic at all, but I already found out that men are not logical creatures.

This post was kindly inspired by the Barenaked Ladies. Five Canadian guys (very logic band name btw) that I've been adoring for a couple of years. Actually ever since they were opening the show for a "big star". And I went to three more concerts of this guy just to see the BNL. They were so good that the whole crowd kept yelling for encores of the opening act while the "star" was already on stage. And that though most of the crowd had not known them before. :) Doesn't speak for the "star", does it? Well, it was Bryan Adams. ;)

When you’re lovers in a dangerous time
Sometimes you’re made to feel as if your love’s a crime
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight
Got to kick at the darkness ’til it bleeds daylight
When you’re lovers in a dangerous time

Song: Barenaked Ladies - Lovers in a Dangerous Time

1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, October 26, 2005, Blogger cynic1 said…

    You also forgot the one trick that has had great success for me: park outside her home all night just so you can greet her first thing when she walks out the door. Go to her office and say to the receptionist, very loudly, "Is my sweetie, [name here} available?"

    And BNL are EXCELLENT. Good call.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home