smAll leTTers from a mAjor cApital

creAtive opiniOns

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Various

The past weeks haven been quite busy. Last weekend my best friend and her husband stayed with me. They arrived friday, I picked them up from the airport, we had breakfast together, then I let them go on their own quest while I headed to work. I had prepared a day guide for them, so they wouldn't get lost around town. After work we met for dinner.
Saturday I took them to the usual tourist spots which turned out to be quite exhausting. I could barely keep up with their speed. They were walking in another world, I felt so lost. I would walk a few steps, stop for a photo and I took like a dozen before they arrived. They were slower than slow. The list of things we were going to see got shorter and shorter and in the end we were too late for the afternoon flea market. They went to bed early. Well, she is pregnant, so I guess that is an excuse!?
Sunday was similar. Monday I sent the three of them to the botanical garden alone and went to work myself. In the afternoon I returned them to the airport which was close to disaster because we were only about one hour early and trains were like ten minutes late due to technical issues. :| Of course they were in time - more than one hour before their flight left and there were like 15 people on that flight.

It was good to be on my own again. However, I did enjoy the company! Despite their speed and lack of trust in public transport they were fun. :)

Yesterday I saved the day for a friend of mine and her own best friend. I haunted down tickets for the Robbie Williams concert in town. The funny thing is that I got the tickets some time in the afternoon when most people apparently had already given up. It did take me a couple of hours and I hit the ticket links countless times. But I was at home, it was warm, I had a shower and breakfast inbetween and watched TV. It was a pretty relaxed task. And I'm going to see Robbie Williams in August. :D

A few weeks ago my mp3 player broke. It still works fine except for the USB connection. I figured that it's not worth repairing. So I've been stuck with the same 256MB of music for over a month now. Fortunately they're not the worst: Wallflowers, Coldplay, Robbie Williams and some Foofighters. Last week I bought a new player. The 40GB Creative Zen Touch. It's currently waiting to be picked up at the hub in Birmingham (according to the Parcel Tracking Information).

Some time ago I set up my own photo blog. I tried several providers, but none was satisfiying. The other day I stumbled upon folderblog.org and downloaded their free php script which I have set up on my freefronthost.com account. I'm still experimenting with the settings. So far I haven't had the time to create a nice template, but I'm already posting a photo every day. I'm going to share it here once I'm satisfied with the design and everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home